The organization is dedicated to increasing private enterprise driven growth, strengthening low carbon development, and fostering gender transformative and socio-economic integration and development of Africa into a broad, prosperous and inclusively sustainable continental economy - with priority focus on agriculture and agro-processing, technology, financial services, and renewable energy sectors. We do these through providing business support services, including project preparations and management; deal sourcing, origination and structuring; capacity building and leadership development; and business and strategic planning. Our work is rooted in Uganda and the East African Community countries. Over the past 4 years, we have empowered more than 100 startups and growth companies. Council of Africa is seeking applications from startups and growth SMEs that need advisory and auxiliary business support services and funding for their ventures.
We are targeting enterprises in the following sectors:
• Agribusinesses – trading and processing.
• Renewable/Clean Energy.
• Women-owned enterprises where female ownership is at least 51%.
• Enterprises that trade within the East African Region.
• Enterprises that trade with the US government.
Minimum eligibility requirement
The business must:
• Be a registered as a company or a partnership.
• Be in any of these stages in business: startup / revenue generating / growth stage.
• Have been in operation for at least 2 years.
• Have a minimum of 10 employees (as per the definition of an SME).
• Have current permits and relevant licenses.
• As long as the business has proof of concept and is post revenue, they are good.
If you meet the above criteria, please click here to fill the questionnaire. Given the limited number of slots available, applications will be assessed on a first-come, first-served basis and only startups and SMEs that submit fully completed profiles will be considered for participation. Once you have completed, please submit the copy of responses to Council of Africa on email address email@example.com